Research Article Comparison Matrix
|Criteria and Defining Characteristics||Article 1||Article 2||Article 3|
|APA Citation and Permalink|
After reading the abstract, what do you expect to learn from the article?
|Introduction: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What is the purpose of the study?
· What is the scope of the study?
· What is the rationale for the study?
· What is the hypothesis or research question?
· What key concepts and terms are noted?
· Is a review of the literature provided?
|Methods: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What is the population being sampled?
· What data collection procedure is presented?
· What other procedures are described?
|Results: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What are the given findings?
· How were data collected?
· Are the findings supported by graphs and charts?
· What does the analysis of data state?
|Conclusion: Summarize in paragraph form.
· What is the summary of the study?
· What is the conclusion of the hypothesis?
· What are the questions for future research?
· What is the total number of references used in the study?
· List two of the references used.