NR 509 Week 3 Musculoskeletal and Neuro Quiz
Musculoskeletal Test Prep
- Joint pain worse in am. Moving around gets better then worse again.
- Decrease risk to delay bone loss in post-menopausal.
- Flex arm okay forward but cannot abduct arm.
- Assess ankle fracture expect.
- Tennis elbow assess tenderness at the…
- Assess carpal tunnel syndrome with the Phalen’s test.
- What is osteoporosis?
- Why getting shorter, aged gentleman.
- What is the posture change called? (8 month pregnant woman)
- Assess motor dysfunction of the hip.
Neuro Test Prep
- Assess tremors and admits to drinking alcohol daily
- How to test cranial nerve 11 (spinal accessory)
- No vibration noted to ankles and great toe.
- During neuro assessment ask to relax all muscles. Expect on ROM
- Asymmetrical smile and frown. Uneven lift eyebrows. Sagging lower eyelids. Air escapes when push on puffed right cheek.
- Short term memory loss. Unable to perform simple task ex. Button shirt.
- 3 month old. Assess grip and suck.
- Complain of weakness to left arm and leg for one week.
- Reports dropping things and falling down. During test of rapid alternating movements unable to pat both her knees. Misses frequently.
- Room is spinning.
- History of seizures. ‘Aura’
- Pressed for time. Test, sharp point pin several times. Individual only states pain once as if a single prick.