Individual Learning Project Paper
The Individual Learning Project is an opportunity for you to evaluate yourself and your role within your organization by completing 10 self-assessment activities. You will begin the paper by completing a modified Abstract that details a past, present, or future job you will use as a basis for analyzing the self-assessment results. You will then write a full-page analysis of each assessment and combine all 10 together according to the provided format for submission.
These are the activities you must complete. They are found at the end of the indicated chapter.
|2||Are You Introverted or Extraverted?|
|5||Need Strength Questionnaire|
|8||What Team Roles Do You Prefer?|
|9||Active Listening Skills Inventory|
|10||How Do You Influence Coworkers and Other Peers?|
|11||Dutch Test for Conflict Handling|
|12||Do Leaders Make A Difference?|
|13||What Organizational Structure Do You Prefer?|
|14||Which Corporate Culture Do You Prefer?|
|15||Are You Tolerant Of Change?|
After completing an assessment, analyze it by using the scoring key located in Appendix B of your textbook and write an analysis with the following components:
Title of the self-assessment–Centered at the top of the page
1. Purpose of assessment
2. Your actual score
3. The interpretation of your score, using the key
4. How you can use the results of this self-assessment to improve your effectiveness and/or efficiency in an organization
Page and Paper Format:
- Components 1 through 3 above should not exceed ¼ of the space on the page.
- Component 4 above must occupy the remaining ¾ of the space on the page.
- All pages are double-spaced with 1” margins (right, left, top, bottom) and left-justified.
- Font should be Times New Roman or Times Roman and 12-pt size.
- Titles for each component should be centered according to APA format.
- The first line of paragraphs should be indented 5 spaces.
- For the submitted collection of analyses, attach a standard cover page like the sample document accompanying these instructions. Your submissions should also include a reference page if you have any quoted sources within the project.
- Submit the collection as a Word document.
- Page headers must include short title and pagination (use Word header function). Cover page is not numbered. All other pages are numbered using the standard number format (1, 2, etc.).
Consult the accompanying rubric for how your instructor will grade this assignment. Note that late submissions will receive zero credit. Also, any form of plagiarism, including cutting and pasting, will result in zero points for the entire assignment. All quoted materials should be properly cited in APA format.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.
Individual Learning Project Paper