PART 1 paper
1. Finance and Budgeting
2. Conclusions and Recommendations
- “Medicare Prospective Payment System”
- The hospital is reimbursed by the government per procedure and/or treatment by a predefined sum and not by the actual expenses performed for and on a particular patient.
- For example – a patient requiring open heart surgery will utilize the services of physicians, nurses, OR, laboratory, pharmacy, and occupies a hospital bed on average for six days. If a certain patient is discharged after four days, the hospital will still be paid the six-day amount. Hence, the incentive to operate efficiently and effectively, enabling the hospital to “save money.”
- Based on the services you have decided to provide – at least six, complete the table ():
- Input services/treatments in column A.
- Input estimated and rounded Medicare reimbursement to GAH (in thousands of dollars) for each treatment in column B (assign for each a figure between $10,000 to $60,000).
- Your instructor has inputted the projected number of procedures/treatments performed annually at GAH in column C.
- Calculate the total income for GAH by multiplying columns B*C in column D.
- Your instructor has inputted the GAH Projected Performance percentage, relative to the Federal standard (100%) in column E.
- Calculate the total GAH gain or loss by D-(D*E) in column F.
- Assume a $250,000 annual miscellaneous expense.
- Prepare (based on the table), a forecast of profit or loss for GAH for the first year of operation.
- Conclusions and Recommendations.
- do not attempt to dazzle your audience with psychedelic visual effects, multi colors, and eye-boggling animations.
- Do not just copy and paste your case text into the slides.
- Focus on the content and what message you want to get across to the board.
- Think Audience – Ensure that all slides are viewable (i.e., relevant text in viewable font size.)
- “one picture is worth a thousand words” – include graphs, diagrams, etc., as appropriate.
- Do not use all caps except for titles.
- Keep the background consistent and subtle.
- Use only enough text when using charts or graphs to explain; clearly label the graphic.
- Keep the design clean and uncluttered. Leave empty space around the text and graphics.
- Check the spelling and grammar.
SLP – Organization
- The number of slides per module should be about 10-15.
As stated in the course and modular outcomes, you are expected to demonstrate critical thinking and a solid analytical and theoretical knowledge of all previous courses in the program.
Furthermore, emphasis should be inputted on applying what you already know to the task of developing an individual project that reflects synthesis, integration, and real-life application (action plans).
As the environment is of a real-life project team, you will be assessed as to how well you present your work to your company and peers (writing and presentations). based on above work
Finance and Budgeting
PART 3 somewhat detailed executive summary based on both paper and power point.