Personal Mission Statement / Goals:
Mission and vision of New York Hospital
Vision: To be able to be completely integrated as a healthcare system that promotes the health of patients and addresses the needs of the diverse New York population.
Mission: To provide safe and high-quality healthcare services with dignity, compassion, and respect for all irrespective of their socioeconomic status, gender identity, race, or immigration status.
Personal Values and Ethics:
With a strong belief in Karma, most of my personal values are rooted in respect for humanity, which greatly aligns with the above mission and vision statements. The following are crucial values that will help guide my personality when working at New York Hospital.
- I am always devoted to the well-being of the patient and not harm, as I strongly believe that our actions today will have an impact on our future life.
- All patients must be treated equally with respect and dignity regardless of their ethnic background or socioeconomic status.
- Offer compassion to all patients by listening to their health needs, respecting their personal values and beliefs, and satisfying their care needs optimally.
- Maintain high integrity to ensure that all patients receive safe and quality care. Being honest to patients about their medical issues helps promote a healthy patient-provider relationship which is crucial in promoting patient satisfaction.
- Being accountable. Taking responsibility for our actions help us utilize critical thinking when making clinical decisions, hence reducing incidences of medical errors.
- Working as a team. To ensure that patients’ needs are adequately satisfied, I will make sure that I take an active role in promoting interdisciplinary collaboration when taking care of patients.
- Pursue excellence. I will always look for educational opportunities to advance my knowledge and skills in promoting quality and safe care to the diverse New York population.
- Promote interdisciplinary collaboration in the provision of safe and high-quality patient-centred care.
- Provide a good work environment for my nursing staff to reduce the turnover rate and promote optimal delivery of care services.
- Be available to interact one on one with each nurse and help those with problems come up with sound solutions.
- Promote good communication and engagement to ensure that all nursing staff feels safe and happy at work.
- Develop realistic schedules to promote a good work-life balance for all the nurses within my department.
- Serve as a mentor for all nurses in my department and take part in patient care for all patients admitted to my Unit.
Achieving My Professional Goals
- I will organize meetings at the start of every week for all healthcare professionals working in my department, so they can know each other, and how they can work together to promote the health and wellbeing of the patient.
- During the meetings, I will also discuss with the nurses the things that make them feel unsafe or unhappy in the work environment and provide appropriate solutions. I will also encourage nurses to provide feedback on how they find the work environment in the suggestion box.
- I will always come to work at least 30 minutes earlier than my shift and set aside 5 to 10 minutes to discuss work-related issues with each nurse in the department and come up with solutions in case of any problem.
- I will encourage nurses in my department to adopt respectful and professional language to promote good communication within the workplace.
- I will discuss with the nursing staff their working hours and which shift to cover, to make sure that everyone is satisfied with the kind of tasks assigned and shifts, to avoid employee bias or inappropriate work-life balance.
- I will pass all the knowledge and skills that I know to my nurses to promote their expertise in patient care. I will include short teaching sessions after every departmental staff meeting and go through evidence-based practice and current treatment guidelines to promote the delivery of safe and quality care services to patients.
Education/CEUs, Certifications, and Licenses:
(Upload your personal certificates, documents, graduation dates, and licenses)
- Registered Nurse License- (year)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)- (year)
- IV Therapy & Administration- (year)
- Basic Life Support Certification- (year)
Professional Organizations/Awards or Honors Earned:
- American Nurses Association
- Daisy award winner
- Alpha Chi National Honor society- offered membership just recently.
Examples of Work:
- Assistant nurse manager on a surgical unit
- Medical-surgical nurse
Letters of Reference:
- Academic referee
- Professional referee.